Date:      Wed, 01 Jul 2015 20:48:07 -0600
From:      reg@dwf.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing FreeBSD 10.1 to a partition.

I am trying to do something that would be trivial with
Linux.  Namely install FreeBSD to a partition on the
disk.

I have a 500GB disk, with 6 90GB partitions.
I have PCBSD in the first partition, and would like to
put FreeBSD in the 2nd.

Now nothing I have tried will have the FreeBSD installer
ask for a partition.  It wants to either overwrite the
1st partition, or if I remove partitions 2-6, it will
try to create a partition out of the remainder of the
disk, and not allow me to reduce the size of that
partiton.

Am I missing something?
Or is this just he way FreeBSD is? (I hope not)
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg@dwf.com