Date:      Sat, 27 Dec 2008 02:38:41 +0100
From:      t-u-t <marshc187@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: general ports problem

------=_Part_127756_6769177.1230341921208

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 12:53 AM, Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 26, 2008, at 14:33, t-u-t <marshc187@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 11:05 PM, Glen Barber <glen.j.barber@gmail.com
>> >wrote:

>>> "configure"

>>> mine

>>> with

>>> Is there anything odd in /etc/make.conf ?  Are your ports up to date?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Glen Barber
>>>

>> ports are updated, yes, and make.conf has some settings but have to check,
>> since i'm new and used a copy of the example file and have to check what
>> is
>> enabled. this is a quick reply cuz i just noticed a previous error messge
>> stating -
>> " C compiler cannot create executables "
>>
>> tried a couple of ports, they have this error
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> make.conf
>>
>> CFLAGS=    -O -pipe
>> MAKE_SHELL?=sh
>> COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe
>>
>> WITH_XINERAMA="YES"
>> WITH_GNOME="YES"
>> WITH_DOCHTML="YES"
>> WITH_IMLIB2="YES"
>> --
>> ce la vie
>>

> A config.log file would help too..
> -Garrett

oh, i thought that would be too long. i have attached one from a port i just
chose at random now.

for the record, i was building/updating ports just fine till a few days ago.
i csup'd src and built world+kernel early this week, but still updated a
couple of ports fine after that. besides that, only other changes to my
system was adding kde4 (through packages) to tryit out, then deleted that
plus qt4 stuff with pkg_delete.

this is the error using /ports/mail/fetchmail

(( /usr/ports/mail/fetchmail/work/fetchmail-6.3.8/config.log ))
ce la vie

------=_Part_127756_6769177.1230341921208--