Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:43:46 +0200
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: record level too low using CS4236-based card

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> unfortunately all i can say is the same as the last two lines from your
> msg. You need to fetch the data sheets of the 4235, compare them with
> the 4236, and find out the differences.
>
> The mixer support is very primitive in the PCM driver, and i tried
> only to support the common subset of the 4232, 4236, opti931 because
> that was what i had at the time i wrote the driver.  Basically all
> these three codecs can control most of the mixer with a single set
> of registers. Extended functions (and probably some vital ones as
> in your case DC suppression and mic volume control) are usually
> done with an additional set of registers.  Supporting them is
> reasonably simple, if someone has the time to look at a clean way
> to do this everybody would be happy...

Thank you for your FAST answer!

OK, I will try to get the 4236 data sheets... I examined the ad1848.c
file and it is clearly written ;-), so I can try to make some
modifications.

But, in any case, could you recommend an audio card (or chipset)?
All we want is good quality, 16 bits, 16 KHz full-duplex.

Thanks again,

-- JMA
José Mª Alcaide                         | mailto:jose@we.lc.ehu.es
Universidad del País Vasco              | mailto:jmas@es.FreeBSD.ORG
Dpto. de Electricidad y Electrónica     | http://www.we.lc.ehu.es/~jose
Facultad de Ciencias - Campus de Lejona | Tel.:  +34-946012479
48940 Lejona (Vizcaya) - SPAIN          | Fax:   +34-944858139