Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 1996 17:42:23 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        rashid@rk.ios.com
Cc:        chrisl@bbs.justcompute.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP With apache and Mod_auth_dbm

> >    	I am trying to compile apache with Mod_auth_dbm and whenever I do I
> > get the error message "ld: -lndbm; no Match". So if I xcomment that I out
> > I get an error from cc that says "mod_auth_dbm.o: undefinded symbol
> > '_crypt' referenced from text segment"
>
> 	crypt() needs -lcrypt flag to the compiler/linker

Yep.

> 	NDBM could be missing from your system - check for
> 	I'm not sure if regular DBM could be used as the
> 	substitute , but db* family of functions lives in
> 	regular libc and therefore doesn't require  -lndbm.

I'm not sure how compatible the db* functions are with NDBM, but you
can use GDBM as a replacement for [N]DBM. Just install it from the
port/package, change '-lndbm' to '-lgdbm' and add /usr/local/lib to
the directories searched by the linker.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk