Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:16:53 -0500
From:      Sandro Mancuso <sandro.m@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Hard drive problem?

I'm getting some wonderful system messages on my machine... here's the
bottom end of my dmesg output:

(I was installing the linux compatibility package ver. 1.7 from the
packages collection via sysinstall when this happened.. forcing an abort
of the pkg_add)

ad0: 4110MB <QUANTUM FIREBALL ST4.3A> [14848/9/63] at ata0-master WDMA2
acd0: CDROM <OTI-SCYLLA> at ata0-slave using PIO2
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s1a
link_elf: symbol seminfo undefined    <---- what I get on boot up
IP Filter: v3.4.20 unloaded          <---- my ruleset isn't yet
							"complete" :P
ad0: WRITE command timeout tag=3D0 serv=3D0 - resetting    <---- **
ata0: resetting devices .. done
link_elf: symbol seminfo undefined
link_elf: symbol seminfo undefined
bash-2.05a$

** This, and the following 3 lines appeared as sysinstall was doing the
pkg_add for linux compatibility

I've recently cvsup'd to 4.5 stable.  I've been getting that link_elf
every time I rebooted this machine, however it's never been a problem
until now.  I've tangled with this elf stuff once before on an older
machine just getting the cvsup package to work... it always seems to be
trouble ;-)  Anyone got a clue on what's going on?=20

Thanks again in advance,

Sandro