Date:      Thu, 9 Sep 2004 14:35:51 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Mathias Haas" <mathias@haas.se>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        Alessandro de Manzano <demanzano@playstos.com>
Subject:   Re: Best way to remove HD?

I've run this setup on FreeBSD 5.2 and 5.2.1 and it works fine so far. We
had our server stolen 1 month ago and it was easy to restore the backup
from the external harddisk (and it was fast too!).

Our previos server had some low-budget (almost no-name) firwire
controller. Now we run on the internal fw-controller on an Asus P4C800-E
Deluxe. Older versions of BSD doesn't support Firewire (I know my old
4.6.2 does not). I'm unsure from which version it became supported.

Ciao,
Mathias.