Date:      Mon, 09 Oct 2000 22:16:52 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, Arley Carter <arc@twinds.com>
Cc:        Steven Farmer <steve@megahack.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: ahc driver problem

At 12:10 AM 10/10/00 +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> > I can report the same failure.  My config dmesg is attached to this
> > message. The ahc driver put on the 4.1 Release CD works and the system
> > boots and operates with no problems detected.  This problem occurs when
> > the machine is booted from the new GENERIC kernel built from sources
> > cvsup'd Saturday Oct. 7. Therefore some change committed between these two
> > dates broke the driver.  I have not tried building current.  Is this
> > problem also present in current or only stable?
>
>It's in -current too.  Reverting /sys/dev/aic7xxx to 20000920 makes
>life easier.

Fetched -stable at 20:25 GMT on the 7th and was rewarded with a panic and
solid wedge when trying to get a core dump (SCSI activity lights solid, no
response from cap/num/scroll lock).  Also the dump would have been to an
IDE drive.

Re-fetched and upgrade around 8:40 GMT on the 9th.  However, do not have
v1.3.2.8 of aic7xxx_freebsd.c that Justin committed today, which may not be
related to the recent -stable problems.  So far so good.

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve