Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:52:14 +0000 ()
From:      Joao Alves Junior <jalves@bsi.com.br>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with natd.... PLEASE !!!!! (fwd)

Hello, I work at a ISP in Brazil. We have a costumer that wants to
connect their 2 private networks(witch RISC 6000 and AIX) using the Internet.
So, I suggested the following configuration ( I know the ips are
registered... but the costumer uses this configuration....).

     (AIX 4.1)
   128.0.0.1       128.0.0.10
      |                 |
  -------------------------- Natd => FreeBSD

                    200.248.184.y

                     INTERNET

                   200.250.250.y

   -----------------------  Natd => FreeBSD
      |                |
   130.0.0.1        130.0.0.10
   (AIX 4.1)

Well, when I try to make connectios from 128 or 130 to another site at
Internet all is OK. When I try to make connection from any site at
internet to 128 or 130 all is ok too( I made permanent links... ). But,
when I try to make connections from 130 to 128 using permanent links I
got the folowing errors :

telnet
and rlogin => the conection establishes... It prompts to me login ..  password
              ...but.. when it finish the autentication... the conection stop.
              .. It doesn't print me the shell '$'

ftp        => the conection establishes... I log...when I try one 'ls' the
              PORT command is printed like successful... but no data arrives
              to me.....

The most strange thing is that... I simulated situations like this...
with FreeBSD machine using classes 10 on both sides... All worked
perfectly....

I tried to change parameters like some_ports and use_sockets....
I really need some help... the net of the costumer is really big and
complex..
I really need to put this to work....

Thanks... and sorry for my English

Joao Alves Junior