Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:52:06 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NONAME alpha system up for grabs

--=-=-=

At 2004-04-22T13:26:31Z, Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl> writes:

> Whoever responds: you sure want the cache rams to go with it, it makes a
> considerable speed difference. It will not get fast, it will get less
> slow, you get the drift.

I'd asked before but didn't get much of a response:

I have a Cabriolet (275MHz) with 2MB of cache, and a manual that says I can
increase that to 8.  Would that make a noticeable difference in make jobs,
like running a make buildworld?

The little machine is a firewall with a huge margin of processing power to
spare during normal operations, but dog slow at compiling.  :)
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.

--=-=-=