Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 1996 16:30:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Fred Cawthorne <fred@jjarray.umd.edu>
To:        scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD CD-R driver alpha available

I have it at least working with the laser off with the HP.
I had to change the scsi mode select command to make it work.
It turns out that my drive requires that the PF (page format) bit be
set if there are any mode select pages in the MODE SELECT data.
I just added it to the initialization of the scsi_cmd data structure.
Perhaps it will work with your drive if you put this bit in there too?

In both places, the scsi_cmd structure should be set to:

	scsi_cmd.op_code = MODE_SELECT;
        scsi_cmd.byte2 |= SMS_PF;
        scsi_cmd.length = dat_len;

for it to work at all.  Otherwise, an error is returned from the
HP drive.

I will let you know if I am able to write a CD.

Fred.