Date:      Thu, 13 Sep 2018 15:37:12 -0400
From:      William Dudley <wfdudley@gmail.com>
To:        Matt Smith <matt.xtaz@gmail.com>, William Dudley <wfdudley@gmail.com>,  freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sudo,pkg,Mailman all broken after upgrade from 10.3 to 11.2

Is there a way to file a bug report against the upgrade instructions to fix
this?

It should say:

run pkg -f upgrade and possibly rebuild all your ports

if pkg fails to run, use:

pkg-static -f install pkg
pkg -f upgrade

Right now, it fails entirely to mention pkg, and it also
doesn't mention that pkg may break and you need to use pkg-static.

Bill Dudley

This email is free of malware because I run Linux.