Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 2002 09:22:26 -0700
From:      bmah@freebsd.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-qa@freebsd.org
Cc:        bmah@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP:  RELENG_4_6 branch created

As you may have noticed, murray created the RELENG_4_6 branch for the
src/ portion of the CVS repository several hours ago.  This is yet
another step on the way to FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE; we will be putting the
finishing touches on this release over the next few days.

Please note that 4.6 is only considered to be released when the RE team
makes an announcement to that effect.  In particular, the appearance of
new CVS tags or new release documentation does not signify that the
release has "happened".  Only an announcement from the RE team does.

For committers, please also remember that the RELENG_4 and RELENG_4_6
branches are in code-freeze, and any commits to these branches require
RE approval.  We will be releasing the code-freeze for RELENG_4 shortly
after the release; at the same time, RELENG_4_6 will become the "4.6
security branch".

Bruce.