Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:49:29 -0400
From:      "Matthew A. Gessner" <mgessner@aristar.com>
To:        <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installation - SYSVSHM required for X???

Hi, all,

	Why would the X servers (XF86_SVGA) give me a lot of grief about not being
able to do SYSVSHM?  It's not in GENERIC, but it is in LINT.

	Do I need to rebuild the kernel to support X???

	I have a TSENG ET4000/W32 chipset, which SuperProbe gives as Super-VGA.

	I had X under 2.1.5-RELEASE running just fine under this chipset, although
that old XF86Config file doesn't seem to work now either.

	I did go to XFree86.org and try to find out what was going on, and I
followed their suggestions, but that didn't solve the SYSVSHM error message
problem.

	TIA,

		Matt
--