Date:      Tue, 1 Nov 2005 12:23:04 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@bsd.hu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Really poor performance on /dev/ttyv* only

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 06:01:57PM +1030, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> I'd guess that this is a different situation.  FWIW, the Inspiron
> series are laptops, and this is at the keyboard.  The machine is brand
> new, and I've never had another version of FreeBSD on it, but I
> suspect it's -CURRENT rather than the laptop.

FWIW, I also see slugishness on my Toshiba Satellite Pro 4200 series
with yesterday's -CURRENT, it concerns not only keyboard input but also
eg sorting of my mail spool (mbox format) in mutt and changing between
messages etc. Interestingly enough, network activity is not affected.
However, this isn't new, I have seen it also with -CURRENT from
September.

I use SCHED_ULE as the scheduler, if that matters.

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Budapest