Date:      Sat, 16 Jun 2007 22:09:09 +0200
From:      clemens fischer <ino-news@spotteswoode.dnsalias.org>
To:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JTAG recommendations?

Henrik Brix Andersen in <20070612083825.GA56032@tirith.brixandersen.dk>:

> That's not the issue here - I was asking what other people on FreeBSD
> use for their JTAG needs, seeing that OpenOCD isn't in ports I doubt
> that is in widespread use among FreeBSD users (else, someone would
> have submitted a port).

well, i actually use the openOCD software with a wiggler. there's a
small patch needed re. port-IO, which i can send you. the original is
based on linux-only, which has port and value reversed, and fbsd needs
different includes.  Dominic Rath keeps forgetting about us, although i
had sent him the patch.  i think he wants something more generic than
a simple "#ifdef __FreeBSD__ ... #endif" scheme.

you should use the version from the SVN repo.  as is state-of-the-art
with fbsd, you'd have to use the right auto* version numbers for the
bootstrapping.

ohhh... i just noticed "svn update" won't do with my old sources. this
means i'll have to checkout the entire tree again. no time for that now.

regards, clemens