Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 10:36:51 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        Jared Mauch <jared@puck.nether.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems w/ IMCP sockets

Can you give more specifics?  On a 2.2.6 system, I opened 75 raw
ICMP sockets and set SO_RCVBUF to 200Kbytes on each, and then
initiated a flood ping so that I'd get lots and lots of ICMP.  I
don't know if 75 is "many, many" or if 200Kbytes is "too high",
and I don't know what OS version you experienced this on, but
nothing untoward happened during my test.

  Bill