Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:25:41 -0700
From:      "Aaron" <click46@webpimps.net>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Darwin and FreeBSD on PPC

My apologies if this has been brought up before [I could not find any
mention of it]

Since Darwin/OS X runs on the PowerPC arch, and its mostly based on
FreeBSD; then why can't most of the code be ported back to FreeBSD to
speed up the PPC port? Is it Apple's license or the fact that Darwin has
changed the FreeBSD kernel so drastically; or is my logic fatally flawed?

Thanks for an insight.

- click46