Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:14:12 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@grumpy.dyndns.org>
To:        "Jeremiah Gowdy" <jgowdy@home.com>
Cc:        "Robert Shea" <robert.shea@onlinecables.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: >30gb drives

"Jeremiah Gowdy" writes:
> > When installing fbsd 4.0-R from cd onto a computer with a 30.8gb drive I
> get strange happenings after select the disto I want (kern developer).
[...]
> Although I have no solution for you, I will just put out there that I have
> used both 36 and 42 gig maxtor drives with BSD, no problem.  I know that's
> not much help, but I figure it's something :)

This is at least the 2nd thread today on large HD's with 4.0-R.
Considering the totally new ata driver in 4.0-R, I'd suggest its time to
upgrade to the latest STABLE or RELEASE.

I have a 45G Maxtor on 4.2-STABLE. Didn't own it before upgrading to
4.2 so I can't say it always worked or when it would have started
working.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net