Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2000 19:14:00 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>, Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Subject:   Re: Karl on ports (was Re: ports/15822: ...)

On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 07:56:50PM -0500, Will Andrews wrote:
> On 03-Jan-00 Karl Denninger wrote:
> > Oh, so you ADMIT to forging my email address on a remove or tampering with
> > the list?
>
> You may not realize it, but removing people from majordomo lists is as easy as
> removing their address from the file that holds the list of subscribers.

That's right.  Guess what?  Someone had to log into Freefall to do that,
ergo, it was a person with admin access there.

> > Thanks for the admission.  My withdrawal of support and banning of FreeBSD
> > including any of my work in it (including PORTS) is simply ratified.
>
> Your own foolish behavior has elicited this response from most of us. Your
> "withdrawal" and all previous messages I've read about the ports collection
> shows your ignorance regarding the ports.
>
> > I don't put a couple of days worth of work into making things easier for
> > OTHER PEOPLE - to benefit YOUR treehouse project - when the recipients
> > of my efforts are going to do this kind of thing.
>
> This statement is self-contradictory. It shows perfectly well that you do not
> understand the purpose of the Ports; specifically, to benefit other people.

Yep.  A benefit that I now withdraw from your distribution mechanism.

> > CORE owes me an apology and a PUBLIC excoriation of the person who forged
> > that removal (or tampered with the list directly), along with THEIR removal.
>
> See above. This is just another example of your lack of touch with reality. No
> one forged your removal; you should realize that your subscription (as well as
> anyone else's) is a PRIVILEGE and can therefore be REVOKED at _any_ time. It
> may be fraud to forge an email from you to remove you, but it's far simpler
> just to remove your address from majordomo's listing.
>
> Get a clue.

I have one.

I know how to spell "F-U-C-K  Y-O-U" in several langauges, including
computerese.

Trust me, the feeling is mutual.

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net)  Web: http://childrens-justice.org
Isn't it time we started putting KIDS first?  See the above URL for
a plan to do exactly that!