Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 2014 09:49:18 +0100
From:      "Ronald Klop" <ronald-lists@klop.ws>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: File system issues

On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 22:52:51 +0200, Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
wrote:

> On 25/10/2014 20:36, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>>> Two or 3 days ago, after an update to stable/10 my UFS file system
>>> started acting weird. I have freezes and files disappearing from the
>>> system.
>>>
>>> The first time that happened SU+J failed me.
>>
>> I always disable journaling
>
> I think that's just a symptom here. The issue is stuff mysteriously
> disappearing from my file system on a running system.

Hi,

Weird stuff. If you read the following mail thread there is a confirmed
problem with fsck on ARM systems with disappearing files.
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2014-September/009168.html
It also states that the same problem does not occur on other platforms
(and I can fsck my ARM systems usb-stick on a amd64 system successfully),
but I thought it is worth mentioning.

Regards,
Ronald.