Date:      Fri, 24 Jun 2016 14:49:41 -0400
From:      Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Poudriere failing on some 10-STABLE ports --- "uses VFP register arguments"

For a while I've been having trouble building ARM packages via =
Poudriere.  My setup running under a 10-STABLE host quit working =
altogether, so I switched to an 11-CURRENT host.  That works to build =
both 11.x and 10.x FreeBSD/arm packages, however, in the case of the =
10.x packages I am having a couple of persistent failures: =
lang/perl5.20; security/libgpg-error; and mail/postfix.  All three are =
flagged in the Poudriere build page as having "linker_error".  The =
linker error is always a complaint related to using "VFP register =
arguments".

E.g., the mail/postfix port complains thus:

/nxb-bin/usr/bin/make -f Makefile.in MAKELEVEL=3D Makefiles
(echo "# Do not edit -- this file documents how Postfix was built for =
your machine."; /bin/sh makedefs) >makedefs.tmp
/nxb-bin/usr/bin/ld: ERROR: /tmp/makedefs-9bae49.o uses VFP register =
arguments, makedefs.test does not
/nxb-bin/usr/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file =
/tmp/makedefs-9bae49.o
cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see =
invocation)
*** Error code 1

As I understand it, VFP relates to the "Vector Floating Point" =
instructions of the ARM processor, so I presume this error is somehow =
related to the switchover to hard float.

Is anyone else experiencing a problem like this trying to build 10.x =
FreeBSD/arm packages?  If so, is there a fix?  I have rebuilt the =
Poudriere jail recently already.

Cheers,

Paul.=