Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 03:19:08 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Overcommit and calloc()

Dag-Erling Smorgrav scribbled this message on Jul 20:
> When I allocate memory, I usually intend to put something in it.
> There's always the odd struct sockaddr_in which I bzero() before
> filling it in, but they're usually on the stack.

and even then, I don't believe in filling sockaddr_in w/ bzero, I
believe in using getsockaddr on it so that you actually get all the
fields filled out properly...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 541 684 8449
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  "The soul contains in itself the event that shall presently befall it.
  The event is only the actualizing of its thought." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson