Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 1997 14:14:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jason Alan Nordwick <nordwick@graft.xcf.berkeley.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   where is write/read/... syscalls ?

I tried asking this on -questions, but got no response...

When I use the libc call write or read or any of the syscalls, where is
the code for them ?  is that libkern ?  is libkern all the kernel
entry points ?  then where is kernel code for the corresponding syscall ?

I am a newbie to kernel hacking and can look my way through the
src, but still have problems find things.

Any advice for me ?  I read McKusic book (DIB4.4) several times piecemeal.

Thanks,
Jay
--
Join the FreeBSD Revolution!