Date:      Sat, 26 Sep 2009 16:37:36 +0200
From:      John Hay <jhay@meraka.org.za>
To:        freebsd-rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   zfs boot and fstab chicken and egg problem

Hi,

I have setup a zfs only system using 2 mirrored disks and gpart, using
gptzfsboot to boot. That part is working well. The problem comes when
you need to add things like the linproc filesystem. If you add that to
fstab, the rc scripts will try to mount that before the zfs filesystems
and fail because rcorder put mountcritlocal before zfs.

Should a system that boot from zfs have it the other way around maybe?
I understand that my kind of setup is in the minority, but I guess
that more and more people will start to use zfs as their primary
filesystem.

John
--
John Hay -- jhay@meraka.csir.co.za / jhay@FreeBSD.org