Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 07:08:32 -0600
From:      Joe.Warner@smed.com
To:        "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD not recognizing memory

Yes, thanks to Lihn's responses, I was able to fix this.

I wasn't using the GENERIC kernel.  I had already created
a custom kernel and this was still a problem.

I still find it strange that this happened on this server.  My
install of FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE correctly recognizes all
393mbs of memory on my PC at home.

Thanks

Joe

 Joe Warner | Sr. Operations Technical Analyst | Siemens Health Service=
s |
 215 N. Admiral Byrd Road | Salt Lake City, UT 84116 =A0| Ph: 801-539-4=
978 |
                  Fax: 801-533-8004 | Joe.Warner@smed.com

                                                                       =
                         =20
                    "Andrew C.                                         =
                         =20
                    Hornback"                 To:     <Joe.Warner@smed.=
com>,                    =20
                    <achornback@worldne        <FreeBSD-Questions@freeb=
sd.org>                  =20
                    t.att.net>                cc:                      =
                         =20
                                              Subject:     RE: FreeBSD =
not recognizing memory   =20
                    10/18/2001 06:47 PM                                =
                         =20
                                                                       =
                         =20
                                                                       =
                         =20

     You need to define MAXMEM in the kernel configuration.  I've got a=

ProLiant
1500 that does the same when using a GENERIC kernel.

--- Andy

=

Health Services Corporation and are intended only for the addressee(s).
otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to CSOffice@smed.com.  Thank you