Date:      Sat, 2 Apr 2005 19:05:11 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Rob <spamrefuse@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD server behind router-NAT; how to configure sendmail?

--nextPart1369765.glyqshhIER

Am Samstag, 2. April 2005 18:07 schrieb Rob:
> Hi,
>
> My ISP provides me with a fixed IP address and a
> registered hostname.
>
> I use a Sitecom DC-207 that serves as a plain router,
> NAT and 4-port switch, to connect three Windows PCs
> and one FreeBSD PC simultaneously to the internet.
>
> The router gets the fixed IP address, whereas my
> FreeBSD system gets IP 192.168.123.1 with a fake
> hostname.
>
> The router is configured to redirect the usual TCP/IP
> server ports to the FreeBSD PC (e.g. ports 22, 25, 80
> etc.), which makes the FreeBSD PC a kind of virtual
> server for my fixed IP address.
>
> One of the problems I encounter is this:
> Sendmail on the FreeBSD PC cannot deliver email,
> because there seems to be a DNS issue, because the
> FreeBSD PC does not have an official IP & hostname.

You can set the following ine /etc/mail/yourhostname.domain.mc

define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `host.name.fq')dnl

host.name.fq is what ever your provider registred for your IP.
Make sure there's also a correct A record for that hostname, eg. if it is=20
spam.refuse.org then `host spam.refuse.org` must return your IP and `host I=
P`=20
must return spam.refuse.org.

If you don't have /etc/mail/yourhostname.domain.mc then you should cd=20
to /etc/mail and type "make", after you edited the file "make all install=20
restart"

You also may want to define masquerading, like:
MASQUERADE_AS(`yourdomain.org')
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(`internal.domain.sth')dnl
=46EATURE(limited_masquerade)dnl
=46EATURE(`masquerade_entire_domain')
=46EATURE(`masquerade_envelope')

=2DHarry