Date:      Tue, 03 Dec 2002 10:15:16 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
To:        "Ulrich 'Q' Spoerlein" <q@galgenberg.net>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: request for new maillings-lists

At Mon, 2 Dec 2002 22:11:10 +0100,
Ulrich 'Q' Spoerlein wrote:
> The thing is, I'm only interested in commits to the -stable and -current
> src-tree. Not the doc tree or the ports tree. It would be very nice to
> have a cvs-ports(-digest), cvs-doc(-digest), cvs-src(-digest), ...
> Perhaps the cvs-src could be extended to cvs-src-stable (or
> cvs-src-releng_4 or something like that)

Some time ago, we have those mailing lists (-src, -ports, -doc) but
subscribers are too smaller than -all mailing list.

> Since I don't know the scripts involved in creating the -digest, I don't
> know if this can be done easily, or if a major re-write would have to be

I think -digest will be pain for readers.  Commit log digest will be
large to read carefully.  I hope you use filtering (like procmail) to
read commit log mail only you are interested.

One hint: commit log mails have X-FreeBSD-CVS-Branch: header.  This
header includes branch tag like as "HEAD".  And you can filter ports/
and doc/ mails with Subject: header.

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project