Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2012 22:42:35 +1100
From:      Morgan Reed <morgan.s.reed@gmail.com>
To:        "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, "<nickolasbug@gmail.com>" <nickolasbug@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: natd in a jail

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:32 PM, Teske, Devin
<Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com> wrote:
> I have created a boot script for managing vimages (downloadable as a Free=
BSD package) and made a little write-up on how to use it...
> http://druidbsd.sf.net/vimage.shtml

As noted elsewhere, these are VIMAGE jails, but I'm managing them
manually with a spaghetti script at the moment (just proof-of-concept
at this point), I'll have a look at the script, might make my life
easier.

> Note that I use netgraph for bridging (not if_bridge+epair method which s=
eems to be popular in some other setups -- we've benchmarked netgraph and i=
t scales well). Not to mention that "ngctl dot | dot -Tsvg -o network.svg" =
can produce nice pretty graphs of your vimage structure when using my setup=
.

Hmmm, I've not done anything with netgraph before, I'll have a look
into it, if it is an issue of the appropriate interfaces not being
exposed to natd from the epair/bridge setup that might be an alternate
solution, not hugely concerned about scale, it'll pretty much only be
my traffic that gets routed this way, but I am interested in making it
as efficient as possible (no sense adding additional latency
unnecessarily when one already has the tunnel latency to deal with).

Thanks,

Morgan