Date:      Sun, 17 Nov 2002 16:07:04 +0100
From:      "Vidor Demeter" <vidor@home.se>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Power off problem

Hi all,

I used to be a SuSE user but I've decided to install FreeBSD instead,
which I do not regret. I had some great surprises compared to Linux,
and I've decided to stay with FreeBSD! :-)
So I'm quite new to FreeBSD and I will have some questions until I get
the system run after my whishes.
The first problem is that I can not manage to configure the system
shutdown with power off option. I've compiled the kernel with the apm
option and I changed the rc.conf file as well, with  ' apm_enable="YES" ',
but no luck. After the shutdown I have to power off the system with the
Power Off button! :-(
I can not find any further help on this but what I described here.
Did I missed something?
I have an AMD 1800+ XP CPU, with 256MB RAM and 40GB HD, Asus mobo.
Can somebody help me ?
TIA Vidor