Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2019 14:05:32 -0600
From:      Alan Somers <asomers@freebsd.org>
To:        Mihir Luthra <luthramihir708@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: interested in contributing to FreeBSD projects

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 1:49 PM Mihir Luthra <luthramihir708@gmail.com> wro=
te:

> Thanks for welcoming me.
>

>> Unfortunately, it's too late to officially apply for a GSoC
>> scholarship this year.  However, you're always welcome to hack around
>> on your own time.  Feel free to peruse that list, and check
>> https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCode2019Projects to see what's taken.
>> This list is a good place to ask for help.
>>
> That=E2=80=99s fine by me, I will try it through GSoC next year. For now =
I just wanted to do one as a matter of interest.
> I cross checked the projects that have been taken. Going through the rema=
ining ones,
> *IPv6 userland cleanup* seems interesting and doable to me. Can I work on=
 that? If yes, by any chance is there some source where I could find more i=
nformation about the project?

> Mihir

That sounds like a great project for you.  It should have a low
threshold before you start making genuine progress.  To learn more, I
suggest starting a new thread on freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org, and CC
gavin.atkinson@gmail.com .

-Alan