Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:41:14 +1000 (EST)
From:      jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar: 4.2 release iso image checksum]

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Dan Langille wrote:

> On 20 Dec 2000, at 20:07, jason andrade wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Wolfram Schneider wrote:
> >
> > this is why i wish mirrors (and only mirrors!) had rsync access to
> > an authoritative freebsd repository.
>
> Do you mean similar to the way in which cvsup mirrors have access to
> cvsup-master.freebsd.org?

something like that aye.  perhaps the concept of a master.freebsd.org
or even a mirror.freebsd.org which could run rsync. whatever.. it's
just it's actually literally impossible for me to continue to run a
full freebsd mirror on a daily basis in AU..  i'm kinda curious
how many sites out there can manage this ?

in particular the package trees really kill us with the rebuilds.

-jason