Date:      Sun, 27 May 2007 21:15:33 +0200
From:      Nikola Lecic <nlecic@EUnet.yu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg-7.2: problem with fbdevhw and i128

On Sat, 26 May 2007 17:39:34 +0200
Nikola Lecic <nlecic@EUnet.yu> wrote:

> (4)
> Then, I moved back working Xorg-6.9 xorg.conf, adjusted fonts and
> module paths, but got very poor results with 1280x1024 (bad image,
> cursor ghosts, heavy flickering, etc.). I tried to tune HorizSync,
> VertRefresh, CalcAlgorithm, DisplaySize (which was enough with
> Xorg-6.9) and additionally to add Modeline array borrowed from
> Xorg.0.log generated in (2) and to change options as explained in
> i128(4x), but in vain. The only working resolution for now is 1024x768
> (as you can see in attachments).

As for (4) and my question (a), I can add a couple of observations.
It seems that monitor always works with slightly higher HorizSync
and VertRefresh values than it should. In my experience, combinations
64kHz/60Hz (used with Xorg-6.9) and 80kHz/75Hz work fine in
1280x1024d16 mode. However, with

  HorizSync    30-79
  VertRefresh  55-75

the monitor's info panel reports 1280x1024 with 65kHz/61Hz. And with

  HorizSync    30-83
  VertRefresh  55-75

the monitor reports 1280x1024 with 81kHz/76Hz.

Of course, both results (1kHz/1Hz higher than normal) yield very bad
image, as I have described. I wasn't able to do anything to force the
driver to use correct frequencies.

Nikola Le=C4=8Di=C4=87