Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:44:10 +0200
From:      Olivier Mueller <om-lists-bsd@omx.ch>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 6.1 with PAE on a recent server (HP DL380 G5 or Dell PE 1950) ? -> usb?

Hi again,

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 19:30 +0100, Olivier Mueller wrote:
> I will soon get some new servers with more than 4 GB of RAM, and
> I am wondering if they will work fine even with the PAE
> option activated: are all the required drivers (RAID mfid, bce
> on the Dell, ciss0 on the HP) 100% compatible, or should I expect
> trouble?

On one of the servers I can't switch to amd64 I need to use PAE setup.
Problem, it has only usb ports (for keyboard usw.), and in the PAE
config file, there is:

nodevice	uhci
nodevice	ohci
nodevice	ehci
nodevice	usb
nodevice	ugen
nodevice	uhid
nodevice	ukbd

-> no usb support...   So how am I supposed to access the console then?
(there is no serial port either).  Can I remove these lines?

regards,
Olivier