Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 22:46:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joseph Holland King <insanc@cc.gatech.edu>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   3com and versa ethernet cards

i have just been given a computer had two ethernet cards one being a:3com
3c509 and the second being a: vesa pcnet32. from what i have read (in the
archives and the LINT file) both cards should be supported. and i have had
no problem getting the 3com card recognised and working. however, i cannot
get the pcnet32 to even be recognised. i have compiled the kernel with
both the lnc0 and the pcn device (which according to lint one of these two
should recognise it). however, i still have not been able to get it to
work. i asked a similar question on questions and before being referred to
here, the issue of compatiablity was brought up. i am assuming that the
cards are since the person who gave me the computer had the two cards
working in linux. thank you for any suggestions.

--
Joseph Holland King  | "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our