Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 2009 23:07:57 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Reinhard Haller <reinhard.haller@interactive-net.de>
Subject:   Re: create a vnet jail in rc.conf

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, Reinhard Haller wrote:

Hi,

> I'm searching for a way to create vnet jails in rc.conf. I tried it with
> jail_flags (-c vnet) with no success.
>
> The documentation is not very helpful, I'm missing the way to create the
> vnet jail and I suspect the specification of an ipv6 address to the
> epair in the jail is not working.
>
> Any suggestions?

vnets are not yet supported by the legacy jail management framework
and will not.
The plan is to have something different for when vimages are no longer
"experimental" (tech preview, ... call it what you like to and what
sounds good;).  Ideally for 8.2 but that's just a wild handwaving.

I have some uncommented old notes lying around here:
http://people.freebsd.org/~bz/jail-persist.txt

The current ones are actually a lot more complex and no longer good
examples.  Rather than using "persist" you can still give a command to
start a jail starting all the rc framework etc. in it.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb         It will not break if you know what you are doing.