Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 2002 22:50:03 -0400
From:      Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   re-assigning IRQs

How do I get rid of a conflict between a built-in USB hub that connects my printer, an HP Deskjet 940c, and an internal USR Performance Pro modem? Accoring to my limited understanding of what goes on in dmesg, both want IRQ 9; the modem is assigned it first and gets it, and uhci1, the second USB hub in the computer, gets dumped. Yes, I have "PNP OS" turned off in the BIOS. :-) The two of these worked togeather with Lin and Win, neither of which I plan to go back to :-), so I think it's *possible* to keep both from conflicting...