Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 1996 09:02:19 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        karl@Mcs.Net (Karl Denninger)
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD current users)
Subject:   Re: Build is complete

Karl Denninger writes:

> Oh friends...
>
> "make release CHROOTDIR=/some-nfs-mounted-disk" is now complete.  A nice
> (useless, since I already have one :-)) release is now on an NFS disk.
>
> No crashie or nasty console (or syslogged) messages... :-)
>
> FreeBSD Codebase.mcs.net 2.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 2.2-CURRENT #1: Thu Aug 22 13:36:26
>  CDT 1996     karl@Codebase.mcs.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/MCSNET  i386
>
> I don't know what we're doing differently here, but we're not seeing
> stability problems with -CURRENT here.

Ditto.  I've build the latest version via NFS every night, and I tried
building a release via NFS as Jordan suggested.  I also went to the
trouble of doing it on a SunOS machine.  Everything went well until it
tried to access a 1.2 MB floppy, which I don't have.  How far from the
end was I?  Here's my ustat info:

FreeBSD freebie.lemis.de 2.2-CURRENT-ctm-2449 FreeBSD 2.2-CURRENT-ctm-2449 #96: Wed Sep 11 07:05:32 MET DST 1996     grog@freebie.lemis.de:/usr/src/sys/compile/FREEBIE  i386

Greg