Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2017 11:10:39 +0200
From:      "Bradley T. Hughes" <bradleythughes@fastmail.fm>
To:        Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@FreeBSD.org>, tj@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: textproc/kibana50 and version of node.js

> On 30 Mar 2017, at 10:00, Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz> wrote:
>=20
> Hi,

Hi! :)

> we are using npm + node in version 7.8.0 and ElasticSearch in version =
5.0.2. Now we need Kibana and Kibana X-Pack but official Kibana has =
bundled node v0.10 or v0.12, FreeBSD port of Kibana has dependency on =
node v4. It is conflicting with already installed and used node v7.

This mail caught my eye. Since Node.js v0.10 and v0.12 have reached =
end-of-life, I wanted to see if I could find out why they were bundling =
such an old version. Looking at Github, it actually looks like Kibana is =
bundled with Node.js v6.9.5: =
https://github.com/elastic/kibana/blob/v5.3.0/package.json#L243-L246

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/setup.html
> "Running Kibana against a separately maintained version of Node.js is =
not supported."

I do not know the answer to that question, unfortunately. :(