Date:      Fri, 6 Jul 2001 15:11:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>
To:        Don Wilde <Don@Silver-Lynx.com>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral

> Given the lack of response from either WR or BSDCentral to my complaint
> about the FreeBSD Desktop I just received, I think it is critical that
> we establish an independent CD channel outside of WR's control. I have
> always had great service when I (and people I have recommended it to)
> have bought from DNMall. Bluntly, much better service than WC, even
> before all these mergers/buyouts. My subscriptions were trashed several
> times and it was always my fault even when it wasn't.
>
> I don't think we should ever have "the" official FreeBSD CD vendor, but
> I support Chris as someone separate from WR. Of course, now that
> O'Reilly's touting him as their 'open source editor', I worry about the
> little penguin beak his nose is turning into.... ;-)

Penguin beak?  And I keep taking flack for pushing BSD in the Linux
arena. :-)

I have to finalize some arrangements, but we definately want to produce
FreeBSD CDs starting with 4.4  We already offer subscription pricing, so
we just need everyone to move their subscriptions over...

I'll be making an official announcement soon.

-Chris