Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 1995 17:26:17 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ed0 problems again

> Luigi Rizzo stands accused of saying:
> > It looks like the 3c503 probe is breaking something in (my) NE2000
> > card. While the kernel compiles, I have recompiled the netboot code
> > (which had a similar problem -- didn't recognize the ne2000 card)
> > without 3c503 and WD support, and this time it worked.
>
> How about answering "which (my) NE2000?"  I have several (legit, Accton,
> Compax) that work just fine.n

The brand name is "TRUST", with BNC & 10baseT connectors, supports
NE2000 and NE2000+ modes and is soft-configurable. The main chip
has a big sticker with written "Ethernet Accelerator" on it, and
is marked

	UL0020
	410AC23270860tt

(at least the one I just peeled off...).

Don't know if this helps. It is possible that the 3c503 probe code
confuses the config ports on the card.

	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522