Date:      Sat, 9 Nov 1996 19:38:54 +1100 (EST)
From:      Andrew Reilly <reilly@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Where does the zic source live?

Hi,  Daylight savings time has just started in Sydney, and
my system didn't respond too well.  I thought that part of
the problem might be that the clock chip was running
wall-clock time (from a Windows config.) So I changed that
to be GMT, and removed the /etc/wall_cmos_clock file, and
started poking around in the TZ information, but was
surprised to find only /usr/share/zoneinfo/... was all
compiled.  I havn't been able to hunt any more information
down in the man pages or the FAQ or the handbook, so does
anyone know?  I don't believe that the compiled time info
files are all that we have.  When I worked in Brisbane on a
Sony 4.3BSD system I remember finding a HUGE text file
describing the entire history of daylight savings changes in
Australia/Queensland.  (It's changed every couple of years
since I don't know when.)

Anyway, thanks for the info,

Andrew
--
Andrew Reilly: reilly@zeta.org.au                  +61 2 9559 5029 (h)
36 Acton St.         Senior DSP Design Engineer    +61 2 9233 8655 (w)