Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:59:53 +0200
From:      Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        jeremie@le-hen.org
Subject:   Turning debugging on when compiling ports

Hi there,

please Cc: me in your replies, I am not subscribed.

I've been faced to a Gaim bug recently and I have wanted to dig it out.

I looked for how to compile gaim with debug flags, but it seems they
are used to have bugs because Gaim is compiled with -g3 unconditionnaly.

The backtrace goes deep into glib.  Therefore I wanted to have glib
compiled with -g as well, but it occurs I cannot easily activate
it without hacking CFLAGS, which is a solution I would like to avoid
for some reasons.

Is there any other way to achieve this ?  Thank you

Thank you.
--
Jeremie Le Hen