Date:      Tue, 13 May 1997 15:46:02 -0400
From:      Gary Schrock <root@eyelab.psy.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Solved: Re: Undefined symbol "_login_getclass"

At 02:50 PM 5/13/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Do a search through the archives... I came across this on Sunday after a
>Make world overnight and a couple of people responded to my question on
>this maillist... To fix the problem go into single user mode, and copy
>cp /usr/src/etc/login.conf /etc/.

Whelp, thanks to Mike I did manage to resolve this.  I had vaguely
remembered seeing this thread recently and had copied the login.conf file
over.  I think my problem might have been that ldconfig hadn't been run
(does make world actaully run this?).  Rebooting the machine allowed
everything to come up nicely.

Now, on another issue, is there any place that this type of thing is
documented?  It would seem to me that *something* needs to be in place to
alert people of these types of changes, and I don't really think the
mailing lists is the appropiate something, but rather something along the
lines of a file in the root of /usr/src that gets updated when something
significant like this changes that points you to what you need to do.

Gary Schrock
root@eyelab.msu.edu