Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 08:11:46 -0700
From:      Andy Sparrow <andy@geek4food.org>
To:        jon@welearn.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: curious about memory report usingfreebsd v3.3-release

Your message dated: Mon, 15 May 2000 18:12:49 +1000

>that is what i thought and so i purchased a intel eepro .. only
>to find i got one of teh "new microsoftised ones" with the ake
>on lan cable and all that other paraphenalia. thier was some
>mention of a 'problem' in teh firmware that make it hard to
>have two of these cards on teh same segment.

This used to be true, the cards would come up with an unrecognised PHY
message and the same MAC address.

However, DG spliced in the required changes to support this card around
about 3/28, since which time it's been working perfectly for me :-)

Cheers,

AS