Date:      Sat, 7 Apr 2007 21:13:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Reinholz <xaenn@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   cannot install: Unknown component no.

I'm not sure how this happened, but when I try to
install almost any port, dolphin for example, I have
this problem:

bsd# cd /usr/ports/x11-fm/dolphin
bsd# make install
===>  dolphin-0.8.2 cannot install: Unknown component
no.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-fm/dolphin.

portmaster is a little bit more revealing:

bsd# portmaster x11-fm/dolphin
===>>> Gathering distinfo list for installed ports
===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/x11-fm/dolphin
===>>> This port is marked IGNORE:
===>>> cannot install: Unknown component no
===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
       IGNORE line in the Makefile and try again.

I don't know where the IGNORE is coming from, but it's
a big problem that won't let me install or update most
software. I really appreciate any help.

Regards,
-Daniel