Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 1996 16:23:33 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel Atlantis problems

Hi,

I just got an Intel Atlantis MB (the one with an on-board video and
soundcard). I have a strange problem with FreeBSD (only tried 2.1R):

    the screen goes blank soon after probing sc0:

This happens both with the install floppy, or with a custom kernel on a
disk with the whole system already installed. Other than that, the
system seems to work, as I can hear the familiar "fsck" noise, then do
a blind login, etc.

I tried to disable all the strange things in the bios (video palette
snooping, auto configuration of HD, plug&play, etc. but with no
success. Any suggestion/success report ?

	Thanks
	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522              http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/