Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 10:38:13 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux as a Mozilla total reference platform

On Sun, 10 May 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

>In any case, this all segues nicely into an opportunity to air a pet
>peeve of mine here, one which I hope that K.S. won't take as a
>personal jab so much as a general statement of fact, and that's that
>we waste TOO MUCH BLOODY TIME on the pointless exercise of jumping up
>and down like a bunch of old ladies who've just seen a naked man
>("Oooh!  Wouldya look at that!") every time some new Linux article
>comes out or somebody says something nasty about FreeBSD in a public
>forum.

I too think that this is the case. I thank Jordan for saying this
publicly.

Look at the subject headers for the first month of this list. Linux this.
Linux that. Linux the other thing. MS this blah blah blah. Linux Brawl...

One would think that FreeBSD lacks a purpose aside from existing as a
wheat farming brother who is jealous of his brother who raises sheep.
(Ref: Cain and Able)

The point is: lets do what we do, and not worry so much what our brother
is doing.

Thank you,       | Try some of this. It will show you where you're at.
Jason Wells	 | http://www.freebsd.org/