Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 23:29:39 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Exctracting stuff from PRs

At 2:10 PM +0200 3/23/99, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
>On Fri, 19 Mar 1999 17:13:06 EST, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>
>> When I went to use 'send-pr' for a problem, I was surprised that
>> send-pr itself does not have a parameter for "sample file" or
>> some-such.  If it did, then you would have some control of what
>> format that enclosure arrived in.
>
> It's easy to create your own template. From within the editor
> invoked by send-pr, simply save a copy of the default file to
> ~/.pr_template or whatever.
>
> Now use that file as a template when you start composing a new
> message.

I was thinking more of an -option for send-pr, such as any freebsd
user could:
      send-pr -example badbug.c
or
      send-pr -fix goodstuff.diff

where send-pr would worry about encoding the files (BASE64?) and
putting them into the message in some standard format which would
be easy (well, "easier") to process on the receiving side.  It
might also do things like check the file size, and refuse absurdly
large files.  My intent was to give everyone a nice, standard,
obvious way to include these kinds of files, so the receiving
side could automatically "handle" them.  Creating a new template
for my own personal use isn't going to address Julian's original
observation..

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute