Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 19:25:15 +0000
From:      Mark Bath <Mark@baggywrinkle.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IPv6, rtsol and fxp interface...

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me work out where to look next. I have a number of boxes on a
LAN some of these have fxp interfaces and others have xl interfaces. The machines using
interface cards with the xl driver are being configured via rtsol for IPv6 without a
problem, however all the machines using the fxp driver have problems. They can pass IPv4
traffic without a problem, however rtsol does not get an address back. I have run tcpdump
while rtsol has been running and I see no traffic hitting the wire.

All the systems are running FreeBSD 4.4 built as off 6th Novemeber, and they have no IPv6
Firewall filters installed that may be blocking traffic.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be?

What other information should I supply?

Many thanks in advance..

Mark

--