Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2014 10:18:33 -0700
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        Gena Guchin <ggulchin@icloud.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Filesystems <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ZFS unable to import pool

On Apr 19, 2014 10:12 AM, "Gena Guchin" <ggulchin@icloud.com> wrote:

> Hello FreeBSD users,
>
> I have this huge problem with my ZFS server. I have accidentally
formatted one of the drives in exported ZFS pool. and now I can=E2=80=99t i=
mport
the pool back. this is extremely important pool for me. device that is
missing is still attached to the system. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

> #uname -a
> FreeBSD XXX 10.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE #0 r260789: Thu Jan 16
22:34:59 UTC 2014     root@snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
 amd64

> #zpool import
>    pool: storage
>      id: 11699153865862401654
>   state: UNAVAIL
>  status: One or more devices are missing from the system.
>  action: The pool cannot be imported. Attach the missing
>         devices and try again.
>    see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-6X
>  config:
>
>         storage                 UNAVAIL  missing device
>           raidz1-0              DEGRADED
>             ada3                ONLINE
>             ada4                ONLINE
>             ada5                ONLINE
>             ada6                ONLINE
>             248348789931078390  UNAVAIL  cannot open
>         cache
>           ada1s2
>         logs
>           ada1s1                ONLINE

If you do the following, can you then import it:
zfs offline storage 248348789931078390